cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor pame
New Contributor

Why is Optus customer service so bad!

I want to upgrade my plan and I have gone to the optus store, which were were no help what so ever, as they fix everything with 'you need to call customer service'. I have called 4 times and the 4 times I was transferred to different departments and have been on hold continuously. I was even hanged up on. Why is it so difficult to speak to a person? All I want to know is, have I been upgraded to the new plan? Why is that so complicated? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why is Optus customer service so bad!

Yep phone support does leave a lot to be desired in my opinion. If you can get on to the live chat link below they seem to have a better grasp on what is going on.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator PhilC
RetiredModerator

Re: Why is Optus customer service so bad!

Hi @pame I'm really sorry about the delayed response, we've been flat out lately! If you were still needing some clarification on your current account status we'd be happy to take a look into this for you. I'd just need you to send through the full name, number and date of birth attached to the account via a PM →http://yesopt.us/pmphil

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Pud
Occasional Contributor

Is Optus Customer Support always this bad?

I am trying (very hard) to be a new customer at Optus it has been very difficult to open any channel of communication with Optus.

I placed a order via a web chat sales person for a new plan which just requires a SIM card to be sent to my home address.
The order was placed on Monday and now I cannot open any channel of communication with Optus to try to understand why my order has not progressed.

Each day I am told by a web chat representative that the orider 'is with back office' and they will process it within 24-48hrs.
That was four days ago and nothing has changed.
My order notification online states there is 'an invalid date'  but noone can tell me how or why this order is not able to be progressed.
I go in store and they say they can not help with sales made online.

IS Optus service always this bad or is it just because it is the first week of the new year?

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Tano
RetiredModerator

Re: Is Optus Customer Support always this bad?

Hey @Pud, sorry to hear about the runaround you've received there. When you get a chance, send through a private message with the order number, as well as phone number, full name and DOB attached to the order, and we'll pass it along to the Sales team to investigate for you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos