cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor nw28
New Contributor

Why have I been charged a late payment fee when I have direct debit?

Why have I got a late payment chage of $15 on my latest account, which is always paid by direct debit???

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: billing

Any chance the card has expired? Or money wasn't in the account?

But otherwise just contact Optus on LIVECHAT and they should be able to put a credit onyour account.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Why have I been charged a late payment fee when I have direct debit?

We’ve optimised your post to help users understand what the topic is about and your question to be answered more clearly by the Yes Crowd community.

You should get your answer by looking at the bill, if there is a balance brought forward then the direct debit didn't happen for whatever reason. If the last account was paid, did the direct debit happen on the due date last month? If not and it was on a later date, as Peter alluded to the automatic payment may have been declined for whatever reason.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos