cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Ggd1973
Occasional Contributor

Why does my cable internet drop out every 10 minutes?

Why does my cable drop out every 10 to 11 minutes?

i have had a number of technical calls, a technician visit and repair faulty equipment on the pole, a new modem and it still has issues. 

I have raised a technical request under 20545755. I have reset modems and routers more times than I thought I should have to.

What is is going on??? 

I’m about ready to take my business to another provider as this has been going on since last year.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Why does my cable internet drop out every 10 minutes?

Hi @Ggd1973

I've had a scroll through ticket -20545755

The notes left state that they'd replaced the "face plate and the F connector at the tap."

There's no mention of the modem having been replaced. 

Do you have the Netgear CG3000V2, or had we replaced that with our more recent Netgear CM500V & Sagemcom F@st 3864AC combo? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Yes we had some gear replaced on the pole as it was corroded causing a complete loss of the internet for a week.

We found after the replacement the internet still didnt work and after two more technical discussions a new modem / router combo was sent out.

The modem was replaced and we did have the Netgear CG3000 V2 which was replaced with the combo as you described.

I set up the modem over the weekend and had it registered. It started and since it was operating I left the technical discussion and then found that subsequently it drops out every 10 minutes. 

I have caught that modem has only the power light, network and downstream on. 30 seconds later it starts again with the 5 lights working being power, upstream, downstream, internet and network.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Still happening. 

Where is that number for TPG?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos