Searching...
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Why do my email messages no longer mark themselves as read once I read them?

uyfa
Even when they are manually marked after re-opening inbox the mark is gone. This is my third attempt to post this......after pushing the post button all text disappears without posting. Unfortunately, contact by phone is no longer a viable alternative.

Re: Why do my email messages no longer mark themselves as read once I read them?

Yeldarb

The forum can be a bit loopy if you are using the Chrome mobile browser. In regards to your email what program are you viewing your emails on and what device?

Re: Why do my email messages no longer mark themselves as read once I read them?

uyfa

Thanks for the reply,

Optus's own webmail site.

Win 10 on PC, latest Firefox browser.

Solution

Yeldarb

Hmm I think it's only a slight change from bold text to plain text once opened. Is it going back to bold again when you log back in?

mark-as-read1.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mark-as-read2.jpg

uyfa

I got that wrong, all messages are showing up as read, even the new ones.

So I selected all and marked them as unread, and they do change to read once opened.

So that solves the problem for now, but I don't know which messages I have opened, so will have to read them all again.

Which is a bit of a bummer as I tend to hoard messages.

I have been with Optus from the day they put their cable in and the broadband is really fast (80 to 100) most days, but as soon as the NBN comes here Optus will be toast. The customer service is abysmal, to say the least, and I refuse to be on hold for an hour being forced to listen to that pathetic fading in and out crap they choose to call music.

Yeldarb

Ah yes hoarding messages can be problematic especially when you have mail problems. I must say I only keep sent items as it contains both the original message and the reply. Any messages in my inbox with pictures, text or attachments I normally save to a folder on my computer.

I can't really comment on the service level but as to be expected the forum does get its fair share of complaints and it only seems to be getting worse with the introduction of the NBN. I guess you can always ask the good folk on the forum when you get stuck with a problem and hopefully they can provide you with a solution. Smiley Happy

uyfa

Yes, this forum is a great place to find answers to problems, but recently I had to wait on hold for almost an hour just to change my credit card details??? Was not able to do that online......absolute disgrace.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
74 Kudos
54 Kudos
50 Kudos
31 Kudos
20 Kudos