Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Why do email passwords now expire

Hello, why is it that now (I have figured this out now that I have had to call for help 3 times in the last 7 months trying to work out why my password doesn't work) it expires after 3 months.

In the last - well since forever - email password has never expired, never changed, never an issue.

Now it expires - no notice, no nothing, and no ability to change it once it has expired - all links say call for help - really not handy at all.

Perhaps at the very least a warning might be nice.  Simply locking me out is just rude.

I can have emails come in automatically all day - then it gets to a point and I get a password error - by then it is too late.  Now this has happened 3 times - most frustrating.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Why do email passwords now expire

Unless you are using a temporary email password that has been sent to by Optus, email passwords should not expire.

0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

Well it does.
Finally got the help guy to admit it, but that doesn't help.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Vindaloo wrote:
Well it does.
Finally got the help guy to admit it, but that doesn't help.

If that's the case, it certainly does not happen for all email account. None of my optusnet emails have ever expired.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I'm with YetAnotherACC on this one, I don't see anything that advises I guess the word/phrase is permanent passwords set by the customer expiring.

Temporary passwords expire after 7 days.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Another waste of my time and failure to admit Optus issue - not me.

0 Kudos