cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor bulla
New Contributor

Why can't we add an email address to the Optus webmail spam filter?

I'm on an iMac and a longtime Firefox user, and I  use MyPopBarrier to screen my emails before I download them.  It's not that great at filtering them, but at least I get to see the emails before I download them and can delete them before downloading, if I wish.

***    In the past few weeks I've been getting 1 daily email which I consider spam.  I'd like Optus to be able to deem it spam and not even let it get to me, yet when I log into OptusMail online, there is NO option to be able to add email addresses so that you can manually add emails to get sent to 'spam' that Optus has missed  (it's normally very good at doing this - no real complaints)

I've searched the forums but I can't see anything recent or anything about being able to do this.

Am I wrong?  Can I add an email address to any spam filter on my online OptusMail?

If not, can one of the Moderators please suggest this to Optus?  I think it's a VERY VERY good idea, and I can't believe that it doesn't exist!!  It's pretty simple too!

Thanks

3 Replies
RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

Re: Why can't we add an email address to the Optus webmail spam filter?

Hey @bulla - so in regards to spam filters, if you do mark an email address as spam, this is flagged however our filters do work on a pretty complex algorithm so unless other customers do the same, you may keep receiving them unfortunately.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor LD_Sunshine
Occasional Contributor

How many customers do you need to "report spam" on webmail before you will block that particular address from incoming mail?  How many times does a customer need to "report spam" from the same address before you will block that particular address from incoming mail?

Here are a few that I would suggest that I have reported as spam at least 20 times each, if not many more:

contact@hasamx.com

contact@sicillio.com

contact@kridls.com

contact@jeffzter.co.uk

contact@theaussiepost.com

contact@thegapinthemiddle.com

info@news.australianusermail.com

contact@jhhda.com

Most of these ones listed above are EVERY DAY along with others which are annoying but not offensive.

HOWEVER, - I've started to receive obscene SPAM emails from several domains which should be blocked for EVERYONE, such as:

@bicyclepartstores.com

and others which I delete immediately.

What is the plan for Optus Webmail in blocking offensive and obscene SPAM emails?

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @LD_Sunshine, I just wanted to give you a quick heads up. We've replied back to your comment on thread → https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/Email-Spam-filtering-needs-urgent-attention-let.... We'll chat with you there. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Top Contributors