Searching...

Why can't I purchase Pre-Paid Broadband ($130) on line anymore?

middlewallop

Have always topped up my Pre paid Broadband on line, today when I tried, I was informed that I now have to purchase through anoutlet like Coles or Woolworths! yet I can still buy my Pre - Paid for our mobile phones on line!  Can someone at Optus PLEASE explain!!

Re: Why can't I purchase Pre-Paid Broadband ($130) on line anymore?

petergdownload

At what stage in topping up were you informed of the change?

I just tried and got through to the part to enter my credit card details.

Optus recently rejigged their mobile prepaid plans (unfortuntely downwards in value) so possibly this is part of that change.

I think you can also visit an Optus store to get the big ticket top ups

Just as an aside two plans that might match you now are:

1) $130 (22Gb) for 730 days

2) $150 (21Gb) for 1095 days  (This one is actually three annual top ups of the $50 plan. Keeps you more flexible if a better deal comes along?)

Peter Gillespie

middlewallop

Thanks Peter, I got as far as stored credit card details and that was it ,message just said"Unfortunately our credit card and Paypal recharge services are no longer available on this number".  Yet 5 minutes earlier I had used Paypal to top up 2 Optus Pre paid mobiles!  

Dan_C

Hmm, that's really odd @middlewallop. If you're still receiving the same prompt, could you screenshot that for us? 

The current in-market prepaid mobile broadband plan is our Optus Prepaid Mobile Broadband plan. 

Recharge amount - $130.00

Data allowance within Australia: 40GB

Expiry: 365 days

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

middlewallop

Scan 1.jpg

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

It is strange. Appears to be something specific to the phone number involved. Not a general policy.

Peter Gillespie

Dan_C

My thoughts exactly! I haven't seen this pop up before.

We do have security/fraud measure in place. 

• There is a maximum of 2 recharges possible within a 24 hour period
  • Multiple recharges can't total more than $100 (excluding $130 in one recharge)
  • Recharges can't be done over the maximum balance accumulation limit (as per the plan)
  • Maximum recharge of $100 is allowed on a Credit Card within a 7 day time frame

If an attempt to recharge is made outside of these paramaters, we may restrict your abilityt o recharge using a credit/debit card. I didn't think this applied to PayPall Smiley Frustrated 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
74 Kudos
54 Kudos
50 Kudos
31 Kudos
20 Kudos