Searching...

Why can't I get connected?

HoochieMamma

Hello Everyone

I seem to be having great difficulty getting connected to Optus cable $60 a month plan.

When I go online and put my full address "1/4 xxxxx st xxxx glenroy" it states I cannot get Optus cable. If however I put in "4 xxxx st xxxx glenroy" it says it's just fine. There are new units at the address here and I guess the database isn't updated on your end, so the sales people will not go through with the creation of the plan.

I can see the cable from the power poles outside my house and I know a neighbour who is also at a unit near me in the same suburb has cable and told me it was a MASSIVE hassle to get connected for the exact same reason.

Should I just sign up with "4 xxxxx st xxxx glenroy" address and when the tech comes here just tell him it's for unit 1?

The sales people don't want anything to do with this issue it seems when I called.

What should I do?

Re: Why can't I get connected?

TheBaconson2

When it comes to units, they usually will only connect one, the front house. Everyone else, tough luck it seems.

[ Edited ]
HoochieMamma

I AM the front house. I explained it to the sales person and how I can see the optus cable running under the power pole outside my house. Literally 10-15m away from my from my door. She said the exchange wouldn't support any more customers?? Doesn't make any sense as that's ADSL ports.

TheBaconson2

You say cable then talk about adsl ports, do you know what you want?

The spliters that optus use are normally 4 way splitters, so if there are 4 connections on it, you're out of luck.

TommyB

Regardless of what you want in a connection one of the ISPs will be able to sign you up.  If not Optus then try one of the others.

HoochieMamma

Read again what I posted. I know exactly what I want, the sales person didn't understand or just wanted to try and get me off the phone. I tried explaining how I already have ADSL and I wasn't interested in that. Kept saying how the system was saying my address is not serviceable. Yeah I get it! 

Long story short, I need a sales person who speaks native English and is based in Australia who understands what I'm trying to accomplish.

Highlighted

HoochieMamma

Someone can close this thread, I went to a store, spoke to someone who could speak English and a tech is organised to give the ok this week via a drive by. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
62 Kudos
41 Kudos
32 Kudos
31 Kudos
16 Kudos