cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Why Has Tech Support Not Returned My Request For Help?

I understand things are not normal, but can someone please tell me why I have been waiting 4 business days and received no response at all from support after being instructed to send them a message......I've done that. I have no phone connectivity and the ports on my modem are dead.
Thanks.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Why Has Tech Support Not Returned My Request For Help?

Flat out operating with much less staff due to COVID-19 is my guess, Gemini5.

I'm afraid we don't have access to customer accounts here on this public forum.

We suggest messaging us on Social Media, either Facebook or Twitter. They do have a point of escalation for the following urgent enquiries:

· No Broadband connectivity (no access to the internet) 

· No Mobile connectivity (can't make or receive calls)

Please note, the team won’t be able to respond right away, but they’ll be with you as soon as they can. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Why Has Tech Support Not Returned My Request For Help?

Hi @Ray_YC,

Thanks for the reply.

Overall this has been dragging on for months, so I think I have been caught with an unresolved problem. But having said that, yes COVID-19 would be affecting response time and making it worse, but 4 days? I understand there is no access to account queries "out here" but I have tried Twitter (a week ago) with no response at all and the OPTUS messaging doesn't seem to work. It didn't work on my phone previously, (no notifications were appearing) but I re-installed,. This no notification issue happened again yesterday, I probably could have got my issues at least looked at, but the guy who responded never replied when I answered the message. I have had to spend another (on average) $20 per month to get reasonable internet access, via mobile broadband.

So just have to put up with it I guess.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Top Contributors