Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
hashdev0
New Contributor
New Contributor

Where is "URL Filter" interface?

It's disabled and I can't see it now.

How do we provide a safer internet to our kids now? 

Please add it soon and notify me, otherwise I'll cancel OPTUS and  change the internet provide within one week.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Sarah_YC

Re: Where is "URL Filter" interface?

Hi @hashdev0,

The parental control settings is accessible under Network Settings > Parental Control. You will have to expand the second "Show Sections" to see the URL filter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
VFRBoy
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

The URL Filter doesn't work

Also the modem has the DNS settings disabled so I cannot update to use OpenDNS settings.

How to control traffic into my home network?

I can move to Aussie Broadband and this is not an issue with them

#nbn #modem #DNS #OpenDNS

0 Kudos
Jack_YC

Hi @VFRBoy, are you using the Optus Ultra WiFi modem? I'm using that device and I can access the URL filter by entering http://192.168.0.1/ into my web browser, then logging in using the info on my modem label. 

From there, just select Network Settings, then the URL Filter is listed under Parental Controls. If you do experience any issues with this process, I recommend sending our technical team a message via the My Optus App.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
VFRBoy
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@Jack_YC Sagemcom F@st5366LTE-A and the filter is there but it does nothing.
0 Kudos
Jack_YC

Thanks for clarifying @VRFBOY. Just to confirm, when you add certain URLs to the URL Filter section, you're still able to to view those sites? 

0 Kudos
VFRBoy
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

exactly. There's an Enable button On/Off which has no effect, and the Apply button also makes no change.
0 Kudos
Jack_YC

Thanks for confirming @VFRBoy. I've flagged this for our relevant teams to review, as we're always looking to improve our products. Jack

0 Kudos