Searching...

When will the tower problem be resolved in Burnie Tas.

myboyjosh
When will the tower problem be resolved in Burnie Tas. Havent had any internet for 4 days. I seriously hope compensation is going to be our next conversation
Posted from Facebook

Re: When will the tower problem be resolved in Burnie Tas.

changyang1230

I can report the same problem. The tower in Burnie TAS has been out of action intermittently over the course of days since last Wednesday. Now I don't actually recall receiving a notification about a planned upgrade work - can we actually get some answer about what is happening? 

Tris

Hi guys. Really sorry for the ongoing issues you've had in Burnie. It appears as we've been upgrading the site, there has been a separate fault which has caused work to take longer than expected. We expect all to be completed by later on today though (2/4) 

Just in relation to compensation, whilst this won't be automatically added to your account, the customer service team can assess your account for an adjustment. This is done on a case by case basis 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

changyang1230

It is pretty disappointing how we are left in the dark about the situation. It would have been helpful if Optus actually sent out an SMS or email to all customers who are affected. 

Tris

We would normally send a SMS alert when we're upgrading the network in your area changyang1230. I'm really sorry you've not received anything though. I agree it's a pretty poor experience. Looks like the work has been completed. Look out for 4G in the area once the 700MHz frequency has been made available. This should happen in the next 3 months 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

changyang1230

Do you guys only send out the notification to the users currently connected to the tower? 

I believe I might have missed out on your notification when I am out of town. I am often away for weekends etc. 

It would have been useful if you guys send out the notification not just to phones currently connected to the relevant towers, but also to users with home address in the relevant area. Perhaps then the notification would not have missed me. 

Hollie

Really sorry if you didn't receive the notification changyang1230, we are always trying to improve on our processes so I will definitely pass your feedback on to our Networks team regarding this.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
83 Kudos
72 Kudos
71 Kudos
43 Kudos
27 Kudos