Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor HFC_cut
Occasional Contributor

When will 133937 customer care return to real knowledgeable staff answering cals

When it comes to fixed broadband ALL customer service has all but disappeared at Optus.  Optus home broadband customer service is the worst it can be.  However is also no better or worse than Telstra. Since nbn has levelled the playing field meaning the technology delivering fixed broadband is now the same by all service providers to all households  you are now better of going to a smaller nbn provider who has REAL people answering calls. 

Both Optus and Telstra have decided to use reduce customer staff and instead use a convoluted menu system which is NOT intuitive and 50% of the time goes into a loop and or eventually says go to the website and then cuts you of??

The reason you are calling Optus Customer Csre is to SPEAK to someone not to be patronised and told you wasted your time calling us because we are going to push you to work it out yourself on another convoluted complex medium the website. Of course Optus management are told customer calls are down , we need less staff and our customers are happy.   Optus will also show their Net Promoter scores are up showing customers are happy as they don't count the thousands of calls forced to hang up being told to go to the website or automatically hung up on without even taking to someone. 

NO call should EVER hang up on you and ALL calls once telling you to go to a website and start going into a loop before hanging up should ask you to stay on and give a 1 to 5 rating of customer service and if the automated call resolved your issue !!

I am on the highest mobile plan and highest broadband  including Fetch with all options and everytime I call the 133 937 Customer Care line (again yesterday) this number is the most complex,  convoluted, long and illogical stepped menu, which is designed to do ONE thing, STOP customers talking to REAL knowledgeable customer care staff !! 

Customers should now only join month to month fixed broadband plans and try out different nbn broadband providers to see how bad we are treated . Furthermore a number of smaller nbn providers are publishing daily the level of congestion during peak times ( 4pm to 10pm) weeknights) to see if your provider is buying enough capacity from nbn. Optus is charging us the highest fixed broadband prices but will not shsre this information making believe it's nbn fault for slow speeds.

Optus we don't mind paying a premium service however provide the premium speeds and premium customer service and we will tell others to join Optus rather than telling them not to.

Please FIX this these two ongoing problems  with your fixed broadband business (over 1 year) unless you are planning to sell off your fixed broadband business and focus on mobile .

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Re: When will 133937 customer care return to real knowledgeable staff answering cals

Thanks for taking the time to send this through, it's awful to hear of your experience and I will make sure your comment is tagged and passed on accordingly. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor HFC_cut
Occasional Contributor

Re: When will 133937 customer care return to real knowledgeable staff answering cals

Thanks Toomey

I would of thought it would standard global practice to  record and have a check list for every question to date and have a non Optus employee call and see if a) they struggle to find which menu to choose as well as b)  count the number and steps they need to go to find the correct menu option?

Furthermore, Optus is not a small reseller and is seen as premium service company. If I access Optus customer care via the website I expect to stay on the website to find a resolution. 

If on the other hand I take the time to call 133937 you can state at the beginning of the call you have a website however the reason we call 133937 is either we may be travelling or camnot access the website or we cannot find the resolution via the website or we need assistance by talking to a knowledgeable Optus person or we have multiple questions. In addition if we have a complaint and or an escalation we also need to talk to someone and not to be told to hang up and try and find somewhete on the website and worse still Optus 133 937 customer care should never hang up on customers. 

More importantly every call to 133937 customer care should allow customers to A) ask from 1 to 5 if we are happy with the customer service received (regardless if we spoke to anyone) and B) a second question from 1 to 5 if the automated or customer setvice rprovided a complete resolution to our question and C) if we require a follow up cal. 

Honestly all the above is not rocket science for a well established customer servuce company like Optus and although I have a lot of technical knowledge to answer most questions (average Joe does not) I have lost my patience after trying so many times to talk to someone vua 133 937 as well as countless family and friends I've referred to Optus all complainting to me about the same problems.  

0 Kudos
Top Contributors