Searching...

What does it take for Optus to fix a line fault???

AngryCustomer00

We signed up to Optus in June 17.  We've had nothing but issues since.  We are getting horrendous speeds and Optus confirmed there was a fault, but refused to fix it saying we had to hire a private technician.  We did this and within 1 minute he diagnosed the issue as being a high resistence line fault 165m from our house and is hence an Optus responsibility.  I rang Optus back on Tuesday, 8 August 2017, they still refused to help.  Only when I got irrate did they finally do something and sent out a technician from Telstra.  The technician supposedly fixed the fault, but the problem wasn't resolved.  We called Optus back again, and they could see that there was still a problem and told us that they'd booked a technician to come out on Monday, 14 August 2017.  Monday morning Optus rang me and said that no technician was ever booked.  The case manager apologised and said he was personally handling my case and would have it in hand until the problem was fixed.  He also stated that the person that made the error booking the technician would call us and explain what had happened and why the technician wasn't booked.  I never received any such phone call.  One hour after the phone call to the case manager, an Optus technician turned up at the house.  He did all his testing and found the fault 140m from the house.  He said he'd have to write a report and have Telstra come out and fix the line.  That was the last communication we had from Optus until Thursday, 17 August 2017 when we rang to find out the status of the fault.  I was told that there was no record of an Optus technician ever coming out on Monday 14 August, but that a Telstra technician checked the line of Tuesday, 15 August 2017, found no fault and has consequently charged us $150.  We are nothing short of disgusted in the 'service' that Optus has provided.  The speeds are so slow that we basically have NO internet service.  Optus will not do anything until their hand is forced and their record keeping is abysmal.  The left hand DOES NOT speak to the right hand.  We want nothing more than to cancel the contract with Optus and never have to deal with them EVER again!  BTW - This case is being reported to the Ombusman tomorrow morning, Friday 18 August 2017 in the hope that Optus do something to fix their customer service.

Absolutely disgusted customer!

Re: What does it take for Optus to fix a line fault???

TommyB

Welcome to Optus land...where you pay your bill and you might get terrible NBN speeds during the evening peak and personal technician calls get booked and people don't turn up.  You're not alone!  File a complaint with the Telecommunications Ombudsman here:

https://www.tio.com.au/making-a-complaint

They'll push the company to get their act together.  If you don't want to do that then sometimes the moderators here can get involved and some of them are really good.  If one messages you to ask for your details then provide them with your ID and your account number (on your bill) and they will chase up what has gone wrong.  Good luck.

AngryCustomer00

Thanks Tommy B.

I've lodged a complaint as per your recommendation.

I'm hoping Optus will come to the party, fix our line fault, refund the last month's bill as they said they would, and the fee that we had to pay the private technician to diagnose the fault as Optus' responsibility.

Let's see what happens.

[ Edited ]
TommyB

Good...hope all is resolved in your favour.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
63 Kudos
42 Kudos
32 Kudos
32 Kudos
16 Kudos