Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Prod
New Contributor
New Contributor

Website security

How can I get a SSL certificate and secure my members.optusnet website?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Rob_YC

Re: Website security

Hey @Prod, thanks for getting in touch here. Are you having issues with the security when accessing that Optusnet website? I believe if you are wanting to organise an SSL certificate that is something organised externally and then that gets validated during the process, 

If you are facing issues with that Optusnet service we recommend raising this with us via the My Optus App. Our Messenger team will follow up asap. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Prod
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you for the prompt reply. Here is some extra information for clarification.

Many years ago I created my website using HTML coding. I regularly update it with additional information about my charity project. It is hosted by members.optusnet.

It is linked to the domain Macrod.com. 

Recently, on some occasions the URL www.macrod.com will not open up, instead a page opens up saying website is not secure.

I think getting a SSL for the website will fix the problem, but I don’t know how to do that. Can Optus, as the host, provide me with one?

0 Kudos
Ness_YC

Hey @Prod, thank you for reaching out. Please note that we no longer offer this hosting service. Please refer to this thread. My apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Top Contributors