Searching...

Webmail password issues.

juliemc22

Hi guys, 

I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue. I recently changed my Optus webmail password via the link sent to me from an Optus Customer Service officer. Then, as advised, I changed the password to one of my own. All was going well for the past week or so, then today when I tried to check my email the password was no longer recognized. I haven't changed it as it is automatically set up with my outlook account. This has happened twice now and for some reason after a week or so the password doesn't work. I was told by the agent the last time this happened that the password they give me via the link expires after so many days but I updated the password to one of my own and yet it seems to expire. Any help would be appreciated. 

Julie

Re: Webmail password issues.

mrklun

It seems you have succesfully updated the password online but haven't yet updated it in outlook. Best way to check if your new password works is by logging onto webmail and see if it works. If it does, you will need to reconfigure Outlook.

juliemc22

No I updated it on outlook as soon as I updated it on member services, and for the past week it's been working fine. It was through outlook that I discovered the problem. When I tried to log onto member services today to double check I get an incorrect password message. Up until yesterday, it was working fine on both outlook and member services (webmail.) It's frustrating as I went through this whole issue a little over a week ago and the problem seems to persist. 

mrklun

I work in IT and have come across this before with some of my clients and the only way to overcome it is by contacting Optus and reset the password again. I know it's a pain, but sometimes it happens.

Shauna

Hey @juliemc22 - Were you able to get in touch with us to update/reset your password for you?

If you're still needing a hand, shoot your details through to our team here, so we can take a look. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

AzealaJune

I am having the same problem. In early July my Outlook started telling me it could not connect to OPTUSNET after having done so for years. I tried using the OPTUSNET webmail client and got the message that "Username or password is incorrect". I arranged for the password to be changed which I changed again in My Account > Settings > My Optus Email Accounts and then successfully logged into the webmail. I then changed it in Outlook and all was good ... for two months. In mid-September same problem, i.e. Outlook told me it cannot connect to OPTUSNET; webmail told me "Username or password is incorrect". Again I arranged for a new temporary password which I changed again to a permanent password and confirmed it worked in OPTUSNET webmail and Outlook, and all was good … for about a week. Once again Outlook is telling me it cannot connect to OPTUSNET and webmail tells me "Username or password is incorrect".

What is going on?

Highlighted

Berowra2

Hi @AzealaJune and @juliemc22,  The problems you describe could be caused by having multiple devices that can log into your e-mail - some you may have even forgotten about.  Next time you reset your e-mail, go though all your devices (STBs, PVRs, desktop, laptop, tablets and phones) and ensure all have had the e-mail password changed to the new one.

juliemc22

Thank you so much for that. I'll check my devices and see how it goes.

Regards,

Julie

Dan_C

Hey @juliemc22, @Berorwa2 has definitely offered up a good suggestion! Let us know how that goes. If you're still having issues, send us a message here and we'll gladly help out. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

AzealaJune

Hi @Berowra2

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
75 Kudos
75 Kudos
53 Kudos
38 Kudos
25 Kudos