Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Dave-nick
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Web mail not working

Issue was that during the NBN transition, my email account became unlinked from a service - so Optus cancelled (without notification to me of course). The Optus Branch technician was able to relink the email account to the fixed service, and I can now login. HOWEVER - I've lost ALL emails. So now, am back to the "Optus Chat" service to see if they can recovery my emails.

Dave-nick
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Had to call Optus twice - have now raised a "problem report" to recover my emails. My confidence is twiddling......

0 Kudos
Dave-nick
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

ok, after a "problem report" was raised, the next day I was contacted by Optus, and after waiting on hold for about 5min - all my email reappeared in my account. 

Whilst this is good news, the fact remains that I shouldn't have had to go this pain (6 phone calls and a visit to a local branch) to resolve something that should've been taken care of by Optus as part of the migration from ADSL to NBN.

5 stars for recovering my emails - 0 stars for causing the issue in the first place.

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Completely agree Dave-nick.

Thanks very much for returning to Yes Crowd to let us know the outcome.

We've forwarded this thread to the NBN migration team to review this process to try to prevent this from happening again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
MrJohn
New Contributor
New Contributor

Constant Email Problems

My wife has constant problems with her webmail.  Any files that are too large it can't cope with.  Constant error messages appear relating to the server and she cannot get rid of her trash.  Some examples are:

Server error - cannot read - connection closed?

Still waiting for other messages to appear, have been at this for an hour, had enough.

Would prefer to switch to gmail but have been with Optus for so long!

0 Kudos
Dave-nick
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Constant Email Problems

Same issue occuring with me - started about 30-40 mins ago. Must be a system wide issue. Would appreciate some comments from Optus Admins/moderators on this.

0 Kudos
MrJohn
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Dave, I am currently on the Optus App messaging service. This has been happening for years now, thought it would improve with NBN, no such luck. Will let you know what transpires.
0 Kudos
Dave-nick
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks John - ironically I've never had any emails with Optus mail UNTIL I switched to NBN. Curious to know the outcome for you. Cheers

0 Kudos
SoloMeter
Contributor
Contributor

This is at least a week long problem ... What is happening here ?

Optus support teams are only able to respond to critical enquiries right now. If you need to speak to Optus call 133 937 and follow the prompts.

I think email is critical ! WTF ?

Fix it.... I have urgent stuff in my email box to attend to.....

0 Kudos
Aron_YC

Hi SoloMeter

There is a current webmail fault ongoing, ref: 22841747. This is being worked on however we do not yet have a timeframe for resolution

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors