Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

We have had no home phone or internet for 3 days!

Since receiving a new modem we have had no home phone or internet for 3 days now!!!! Any phone support takes half an hour or more to get through to a human & then they say they will fix the problem & call me back but they never do. They actually made the problem worse. On line chat never gets through. I recently closed my Optus mobile after being a customer for 18 years and went with Amaysim & their support is fantastic. I think I will be closing home phone & internet very soon as well. There is no customer service or support. Optus has really let us down.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: We have had no home phone or internet for 3 days!

I received a message asking how to contact me privately. My email address is toad@y7mail.com but I have to go to local library to use it at the moment because my internet is down and has been down since Thursday last week. I did receive a sort of reply from 'moderator Dan', who queried my reference number because I quoted the original order number. OK, my account reference number is 81335366300184. Is there a valid reason for the order number not to be linked to the account number? I have tried to do everything by email, hence the account number is only available if the email is ON.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hi @shellwill7 - Sorry to hear of your ongoing issues. Have you been given any fault reference numbers we could look into? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi my fault reference numer is 18342925. 

We have no phone line and can not call out or receive calls. We received the correct safemcom modem today but Im worried that we still have no home phone. I can no longer see my home phone details when I log into my optus account.

Michelle 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Thanks Michelle - looks like our case managers tried to call you on the number ending on 473 twice yesterday. 

Have you responded to the text message they sent you? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I think there was only 1 missed call but yes I replied immediately after with a text message.

I think the problem is our home phone has been switched off. I cancelled my mobile plan & I think the home phone was switched off as well by mistake. We have no internet because we have no home phone. Can you look into this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

No worries! Can you please PM me with your landline number, full name and DOB? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

We also lost our home phone and internet on Monday night. Technician didn’t arrive this morning so I have reported this to the Telecommunications Ombudsman. We’ve been given no reason except it’s something ‘in the back end’. They need something done to their back end!!😡

0 Kudos