Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Occasional Contributor Pitbull007
Occasional Contributor

Was told I was getting a new modem

Hi, I put in for a upgrade to my account and a re contract and was told a new modem was  order and sent and would be coming, todday I was told it was not coming.

So far I've wasted nearly 2 hrs trying to resolve and find out is there a modem coming, yet no answers by anyone.

Whom do you talk to get information on deliveries, when the CS people don't even know?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Was told I was getting a new modem

@Pitbull007, you've upgraded to a plan that includes a new AC WiFi modem?

Strange that we have't been able to locate the order. 

Has the plan change gone all the way through, or is still pending? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Pitbull007
Occasional Contributor

Re: Was told I was getting a new modem

Hi, I'm kinda annoyed actually.

Firstly I was decieved by the Employee Advantage Site, where it clearly states recontract, so I did.

Now they tell me as of yesterday, any further questions, yes where is the modem? And also when he stated I won't be  receiving the 10% discount only on Internet, then sends back a email stating I no longer will be receiving any discount.

So I've been upgraded to a plan, I originally wanted but with 10% discount being an employee of Coles Supermarkets, I've been told I'm getting a modem by this Employee Advantage team, no your telling me I am not getting any modem upgrade?

Does the right hand speak to the left in Optus? Seriously, I'm considering reporting this to the TIO.

So I will now email the Employee Advantage Team and say what you have said? But how long is this Ping Pong back and forth going to go on for cause I really am going to look at contacting TIO if I don't get a clear result by this week.

A) Employee Advantage Site is deceptive towards people as it states "Recontract in it" and in the fine print clearly states the opposite, so why am I recontracted onto that plan, when I am clearly not allowed to be on it?

B) I was given a new contract and started on it with belief of a new modem

C) Poor customer service total time wasted over 3 hrs of my own time trying to resolve am I getting a modem

D) To many customer service agents not giving answers that assist the customer in resolving the problem.

I wish for this current plan to be ceased and put back on my original plan, so I can determine what is the best process for a service with Optus, which may in clude Month to Month Cable Payments, considering I was stuck on a plan I was clearly not entitled to, just a customer service agent did it apparently.

0 Kudos