Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

WIFI 2.4GHz not working

I am using Optus Cable and all in a sudden the WIFI 2.4GHz not working.

A few days ago I can login to the WIFI 2.4GHz , showing the wifi signal icon ok but display "No Internet"

Now I cannot login to WIFI 2.4GHz, saying password incorrect though I enter the same password as in the modem setup screen.

WIFI 5GHz is working without problems. I have checked the security setting and password for WIFI 2.4GHz  and WIFI 5GHz are the same.

I am using the optus Sagemcom F@st3864AC modem firmware 8.382. Running the diagnostics for wireless connection and show PASS for both wl0 (WIFI 2.4GHz) and wl1(WIFI 5GHz).

Any help is welcome.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Blog Author

Re: WIFI 2.4GHz not working

G'day @kievnut

Bit of an odd one.

Have you ever changed the password from the default password listed on the modem?

You could reset the modem back to its factory default state. There's a small button on the back of the modem (you'll need a small pin to perform the reset)

Let us know how you go, happy to try and help out. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: WIFI 2.4GHz not working

Thanks for your reply.

I chat with optus support yesterday and they also suggested me to hardware reset the modem.

I did hardware reset the modem by pushing the reset hole at the back of the modem with a pin and doesn't help after the reset.

It allow me to login to 2.4GHz and showing the message "Internet may not be available" under the 2.4GHz WIFI icon with the word "Connected". If I show the detail of this connection, it says "Strength : Excellent, NetWork speed : 75MPS".

I can connect with 5GHz without issues.

Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos