cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor IGGYjohn
Occasional Contributor

WHAT’S WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE

06B89973-D9C1-476B-AFF0-7B0242ABC334.jpegAA32E6AF-0857-4607-815B-BD1BCD1F4B18.jpeg

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHAT’S WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE

Looking at the images the Optus speedtest has been done while connected as 3G. The Vodaphone test is unclear (looks like a linked chain?). Something different anyway - perhaps set your Optus unit to only connect via 4G and rerun the tests. Are these mobile phone or mobile broadband readings? 

Peter Gillespie

Occasional Contributor

Yes Optus meant to give you 4G but this is what you get. I got a connection with Optus and this is what I got and same time speed check with a VODAFONE the speeds are incredible.

This morning with Optus, it’s managed to get to 5-6 MBs but VODAFONE 116MBs. No explanations will justify optus’ internet speeds. It’s just crap.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Optus don't make any representations on mobile speeds. That said, your experience suggests either you are in a fairly remote location or there is an issue with an Optus tower or your phone. 

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I live in Curtin, ACT. At my work place, I can only watch the spinning wheel, while my co-workers whom with Telstra and Vodafone surf the web and watch youtube videos. I don’t live in dunny doo or woop woop mate.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

If the Optus supplied service is limited to 3G, it's very likely that one of @petergdownload's answers is the likely cause.

Could it be that there's no Optus supplied 4G service available where you are, or that your handset doesn't offer support for Optus LTE? 

I'd run a coverage check. Enter the IMEI or model of your handset. We'll let you know you of the sort of coverage you can expect to receive in your area.

Optus 4G bands:

2100Mhz 

1800Mhz 

2600Mhz 

700Mhz 

2300Mhz 

If you have any other questions, send them through. We're happy to help.  

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hey Dan,

I live in Curtin, Act and got an iPhone XS Max. This is not something new. Probably last 6 years or so I have been raising this issue of limited coverage or no coverage but the at the same time, I see VODAFONE and TELSTRA has faster coverage. I switched to VODAFONE two years ago and didn’t have coverage issue. So it’s with your service issue not my phone or where I live. This is true of my home internet service too , my home internet bundled with Fetch Tv constantly coming up error message..  ‘No internet connection or slow internet connection ‘ This is the explanation I got for last few years and no improvement to internet  service mean time. No Usain Bolt speeds here!

0 Kudos
Top Contributors