Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Voicemail and caller ID alteredlandline

I have a medical condition and I am 78 years of age and live by myself.  Several weeks ago I had a total knee replacement, have only been out of hospital for 3 weeks and find it difficult to get to my landline before it stops ringing.  Until 3 weeks ago, for years, I had both caller ID and my greeting message, but know there is no ID and NO message can be left.  The message only says that the number dialled is not available.  My family are worried because they cant leave me a message and when the phone rings, I don't know who was on it.  They are worried that if they cant contact me and message, I could be lying on the floor having slipped or fallen over.   I have tried many times to contact you.  on the 20th March a Phillipino person tried to help, said that she would ring me after the weekend and never did.  I have been told by my optus shop that I need the voicemail removed and caller ID reinstated, but I cant get to technical to help me.   I hang on for hours to optus and then get told that the lines are busy and to phone back another time.  PLEASE help me - I need my answering machine to be active for receiving messages.     Thankyou.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Voicemail and caller ID alteredlandline

Sorry to hear of your issues. This is a public forum and none of the Optus Staff that post in here have access to user accounts and details.

Did your landline recently switch over to the NBN?

I am not an Optus employee. If a reply helps please give a Kudos and when an issue is solved please mark as solved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

question re loss of greeting on landline.

Hi once again-   I asked a question 40 mins ago and you asked has my phone recently been transferred to NBN - I couldn't find out how to answer but the answer is NO.    All I want you to help me with is allow a technical person change my settings back to where they were 3 weeks ago.   Please help me. Thankyou

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

No not on NBN yet. All I want and desperately need is for a tech person to remove voicemail from my landline. Oh please help. I have phoned many times, I have held on sometimes for over 2 hours because I have been told that I am being switched to technical, and eventually they say to phone back tomorrow. On Friday and today I spoke to Aust. staff. Thankyou
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

We'll need to add both call features back on for you . We don't have access to customer accounts from our side. 

I'd really suggest contacting us on 133 937

We are prioritising critical enquiries (which include customers who have a medical condition). You'll just need to advise the agent the same.

Ignore the first prompt and follow the IVR options below:

1) Select option 3 for home phone

2) Once selected press 2 for general enquiries.  

There are long wait times, so we'll need you hang on the line. If you do run into any issues, please let us know.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos