Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Voice Extender for Optus NBM Modem

I am wanting to purchase a voice extender so I can place the base unit of my cordless phone / answering machine in a different room to where the Optus model is located. Telstra has one but it only works with a Telstra Smart Modem. I cant find any details of where this may be available - phoned my local Optus store but they didn't stock these.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Voice Extender for Optus NBM Modem

The Telstra voice extender uses the DECT cordless phone standard to connect to the Telstra modem. The Optus modem does not have DECT support so you can't use such extenders.

So any solution you find will need to be able to take a standard phone line as an input.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for your response.  Do you mean I can look for a voice extender that does not use DECT standard? I presume it does not need to be an Optus product

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@hayco2 wrote:

Do you mean I can look for a voice extender that does not use DECT standard?

As long as DECT is not the only input option and it allows phone line input (i.e. a standard analogue phone line) then it should work just fine.

I presume it does not need to be an Optus product

Correct. The phone port on the Optus modem is just a standard phone port like you used to have with any old Telstra/Optus/etc. wall plate in the house. So anything that would work with those should work here as well.

0 Kudos