cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Dan888
New Contributor

Vivid Wireless to Optus slow speeds

I have been transferred as of yesterday to the Optus Mobile broadband from Vividwireless. I have notice a dramatic decrease in download speed to the point of 0.05 mbs it is almost impossible to use the internet. I wonder is this a premature problem as the transfer has only occurred?

35 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Vividwireless to Optus

Given the "physical layer" between you and the tower is exactly the same, it sounds more like a fault has developed. 

Have you spoken to Mobile Broadband support to check on things?

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Just received a notification it is a known issue:

Fault Ticket 20966273.

Detailed Information

• Networks have identified a complaint trend where Ex Vivid Wireless customer’s are reporting Slow throughput speeds on their Home Wireless Broadband (HWB) services.
  • This issue has been identified once customers have migrated over to Optus.
  • Networks are currently investigating the trend, and will escalate to relevant networks group.
  • Networks will continue to provide further information

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor ancallinan
Occasional Contributor

I have this problem too. Optus took over my Vividwireless account on 12 April. I have been unable to connect since then. I reported the problem that day and on 19 April I received an SMS ‘good news we hve found the network problem causing your issue’ but no solution yet despite lots of calls and chats over the last 17 days. I have escalated it to the TIO.

If you have this problem please report it. We need to convince Optus to give this some attention.

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Update Details

Sunday 28/4:

• We are still receiving reports  from impacted customers regarding slow speeds
  • Networks have been provided with a complete list of all the 100 customers who’s services will go ahead with the firmware upgrade on Monday 29/04, and will monitor closely for any impacts.      
  • Any impacts that are received, Networks will be collating all the details, and provide feedback to the program teams. 
  • Teams are still performing further checks with the Modem vendor to identify the random behaviours of the modems. 

Saturday 27/4:

• The Project team have planned next migration will go as small batch of 100 customers to identify the pattern of the fault. 
  • The firmware upgrade will commence at 3am on Monday 29/04.
  • Networks have been provided with a complete list of all the 100 customers who’s services will go ahead with the firmware upgrade, and will monitor closely for any impacts. 

Friday 26/4:

• The Project team for the migration have identified a faulty server for the modem firmware upgrades.
  • Fix has been deployed and they are in the process of testing server stability and capability. 
  • Migrations have resumed to migrate all customers off the VIVID Wireless core network and onto Optus’s core network.
  • Once fix is confirmed for server and no other issues found then commencement of firmware upgrades will start. 
  • Networks are validating each complaint and supplying data to the projects teams for further analysis 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor capper
New Contributor

Re: Vivid Wireless to Optus slow speeds

Just got back from holidays to find our service has been transferred and experiencing the same thing, thought it might of been a ploy to get users to jump to the 200gb for $60 plan.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

My Home Wireless Broadband service started functioning again today 1/05/2019. I notice the Optus post saying it upgraded firmware on some customer's modems, so maybe that has happened. So far so good... let's see.

Tags (1)
Occasional Contributor

It was too good to be true. At 11:00 pm 2/05 I lost my connection. So I had just over a day of connection and now I am back on my phone hotspot... ☹️

What frustrates me most is the silence from Optus. Where is the customer service?

Tags (1)
New Contributor BTM64
New Contributor

Finally got the wireless modem reconnected today after many many weeks, many fruitless calls, misinformation and last resort a visit to an Optus shop - now it is up and running the speed to appalling - taking over a minute to open a page and impossible to stream a video. Poor execution & poor customer service. Time to make a change!

0 Kudos
New Contributor Vivid_memories
New Contributor

I’ve also been switched from vivid and now getting 0.5 and 0.7mbps as the norm.

Is there an update on fault 20966273 since the 28/04?

Is it confirmed the issue is in the modem?

Will replacing the modem with the optus b525 and using my current sim resolve the issue?

I was happy with the previous vivid service as I’m in an area that is a fair way from the exchange, few available ports and no NBN until March 2020 (less than 10km from Melbourne GPO!). Despite the reassurance during the transition... now I’ve got a very very poor hwb service that I’m paying a premium price for.

Top Contributors