cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor vividrefugee
New Contributor

Re: Vivid Wireless to Optus slow speeds

My experience, since the handover to Optus, has been speeds of about less than 0 to 2mbps, though sometimes going up to 5mbps at midnight. This is compared to speeds closer to 7-8mbps. While Vivid was never awfully fast, the internet I have at home now is largely useless. Basically, I can't have more than one device connected to wifi, and in such cases the internet is still slow in loading, and I've had to give up on streaming things at certain tumes. 

Trying to get an solution through Optus is a total waste of time. Bothering with Optus' customer service is basically an act of self-flagaellation: The customer service is designed to be a brick wall, and the staff are rude, and talk over the top of you etc.

Today, I couldn't be bothered calling up their rude help desk staff, so instead I contaced them through online chat - another total waste of time. I was asked to reset the modem twice, to no effect.

It's pretty obvious that Optus has just decided to cut their losses on this thing and abandon all practical support for former Vividwireless custimers. 

Apparently, the NBN is set to come into my area this month (June), so I'm just trying to hang in there untiil the NBN is connected. I've already signed up to another provider - There's no way in hell I would continue with Optus. 

Occasional Contributor CatsMan
Occasional Contributor

My experience exactly. I've swapped to Exetel. The NBN was supposed to be here a year ago, so not holding my breath for that. When you switch, make sure you get a refund for any money you've paid since the handover. 

I wouldn't have minded if Optus had told us they had no intention of honouring our former arrangement with vivid. What really bugged me was the incompetence, dishonesty and total lack of concern that they showed during the entire process. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor dcg
New Contributor

Vivid was a revelation and used to deliver solid continual streaming and internet without problems.

Can Optus please explain why the service you are now delivering drops out, is extremily slow, internet is now mostly unusable, streaming simply fails.

We have been on an unlimited plan and when I rang to find out why the service has been trashed since you migrated it - I was offered a new Optus plan.

What a conundrum.

Pay less for more - what was vivid wireless

Pay more for less - what I am being offered as a replacement

I wonder what the ombudsman will make out of all this?

Seems to me that Optus has and is intentially making the existing service unusable in order to convert services to higher cost plans

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Now there's a thought. If Optus deliberately sought to degrade a service so that you were forced to buy something more expensive and of worse quality, then there may be legal redress available. The Ombudsan may well be the route to follow.

0 Kudos
New Contributor KA2401
New Contributor

Yes that appears to be the Optus strategy here. Make customers suffer till they switch to another plan. Would suggest raising it with TIO. I have done this and I see from some of the earlier posts that people who raised it with TIO have had their service restored. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor webitgroup
New Contributor

Re: Vividwireless to Optus

Two clients in the Glendenning area have seen their speed drop as of to day. The Vivid service worked very well until migration to Optus . Service is now unusable.

On speed tests the upload is 0kbps hence outgoing quiries just stall. I noticed configuration updates to moden on the 9th May 2019 which has affected the security cameras as well. (worked fine with DDNS and Vividwireless)

Fault Report 21225005 - If this was migration was just for moving the billing to Optus - what the hell have they done to the service?

0 Kudos
New Contributor Cintra
New Contributor

I too have experienced drop outs, especially at night between 6.30pm and 9pm where we are relying on the net for either study or Netflix. Our only option where I live is plug in Wireless as I don’t even have a phone line connected and no nbn. I’m at a loss of what to do but am sick of paying $89 a month for no service and am not going on an Optus plan for less than unlimited.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@Ray_YC has been keeping records on those affected since the Vivid buy out to try and get resolutions.

I'm guessing you've got a fault docket from when you spoke to support? 

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
New Contributor dcg
New Contributor

The story gets better . . .

I called Optus yesterday after recieving a bill for $180.00'

I went onto my old vivid account and hey presto they had already charged me for the current period - when I rang Optus and advised them, they stated that I would have to get vivid wireless to forward them the money as they hadnt received it!

I explained to the operative and eventually the manager that in fact they had amalgamated vivid into optus - so they therefore already had my money. I then queried the balance of $90.00 and was told that I would have to pay a month in advance with Optus? Where did the changover and advances to 'old vivid's'  state that? After 48 minutes and at the end some very adventurous conversations, we got the whole lot credited and have cancelled our service in full.

I wish all remaining 'vivid's' all the best. Kindest Regards

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi, no fault docket. One text message saying they'd call me if there was still a problem. They never called. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors