Searching...
Accepted Solution

View users logged on Huawei E5186 wireless modem ?

bunyip

I've just purchased the Huawei E5186 wireless modem and hooked up .... everything is good but is there a way to view which devices are currently logged on thru' this modem ... maybe thru' my account ... it would be nice to know with a click or two from my desktop ... thanks ...

Solution

Re: View users logged on Huawei E5186 wireless modem ?

Yeldarb

I am not familiar with that device however type http://192.168.8.1 into your browser and hit enter. The username and password should both be admin. Have a look through your admin interface and you should find a tab displaying the connected devices.

https://www.optus.com.au/dafiles/OCA/RightNowImages/optus_hwb_huawei_e5186.pdf

bunyip

Thanks big mobs .... worked a treat ...

Highlighted

Estyle

Is the Huawei E5186 wireless modem better than B593? I want to change my B593 to a new router, seems E5186 is great!

Verbs

Building on this ...... I am also a new HWB buyer - I noticed that the OPTUS front end is not only rebranded from Huawei but the MENU optiosn are differnt to the native Huawei - ETHERENET and VOIP and SIGNAL QUALITY metrics are missing - I have called Huawei and they say OPTUS has restricted these - I just had a chat with OPTUS ONLINE and they say it is only a logo.

Can this calrified?

Pete

Hey Verbs. I can confirm the Ethernet ports do work. At this stage we're not offering VOIP as an added option and signal strength can be confirmed on the device itself. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Verbs

Thank you for reply .... however, ....

I can't see anything on Connected Devices that is in the Ethernet Ports - Tried all ports and a new cable.

The native Huawei E5186 Admin interface had an Ethernet Tab .... the Optus branded interface doesn't.

The E5186 defnitiely can't see my EoP DLink AV500 - my Huawei 4G cude does see it when I plug it in ... 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
83 Kudos
72 Kudos
71 Kudos
43 Kudos
27 Kudos