cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Contributor Windmill
Contributor

Very slow speeds on the Optus cable network every day

Our cable speed is now dropping to < 1 MBPS every evening, which makes the internet unusable.  This has now been happening for a week on parts of the network on Sydney's northern beaches region.  My normal speed up to now has been 30Mbps approx.  The NBN will not be here for at least 4 months.

The response to my calls to customer service has been to send out a technician twice, but they say that it is a network issue and nothing can be done (by them at least).  

Optus - Can something be done to return to normal service?  It is unacceptable to reduce speeds to this level, making streaming services and the internet unusable. 

Is anyone else experiencing similar problems in this area?  Is there a solution?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Very slow speeds on the Optus cable network every day

Hi Windmill,

Ultimately if the techs have confirmed on more than one occasion it is a network issue (likely to be congestion based on what you have described) then there isn't too much that can be done.

Some suggestions would be trying a different modem, plugging your connection directly to the modem instead of WiFi, seeing if adding a speed pack is an option, speaking to your neighbours to see if they experience the same and what they have tried, etc.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos