cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor jamessummerton
New Contributor

Very slow cable...

For the last several days I have had very sub standard speeds on our cable service and getting through to any form of Optus Technical Support requires me to sit on hold for 30+ minutes and when I get through they drop the call; or i can watch a chat window blinking at me for 30+minutes with no answer.

I have done all the usual troublsehooting, checking cables, rebooting modem (lots of times) it is really getting frustrating.

Here are a few speed tests from thisn evening using http://speedtest.syd.optusnet.com.au/  showing a download speed of not even close to half the expected 30Mbps speed and an upload speed of even worse compared to the expected 2Mbps 

I hope some Optus team member can help out here and get me onto someone who can get looking at getting this fixed.

1 Reply
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

Re: Very slow cable...

Could be congestion, happened to me when Netflix comes out , my dl speed dropped to 3. Seems to be better about 7 months ago hitting around 20, now that nbn is available in the area, the speed on cable has recover to around 70 and sometime 97 as more and more people moving off the Optus hfc and moving on to the Telstra hfc. Hopeful , they have upgrade the system enough to avoid the same problem, fingers crosssed.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos