Searching...
Accepted Solution

Very slow browsing yet decent speed test - Cable Broadband

macdoodl

Hi all - I hope someone can help me....

I'm having the most frustrating time at the moment.

Results from speedtest.net and fast.com both report good (14-22Mbps depending on time of day) and yet my web browsing is incredible slow - so much so that I am now getting timeouts from websites. Even a standard Google search can take more than 10 seconds. It's every website and every device in the house and all the time - it's not an intermittent issue.

I've tried restarting the router many times with no change. Optus service status page shows no issues in my area. I was going to call tech support but thought I would check here if anyone had any ideas - I can just hear tech support telling me that my speedtest is fine so the issue is not with Optus.

Anyone have any ideas? I would be most grateful for any help.

Re: Very slow browsing yet decent speed test - Cable Broadband

Lagger

whats the response time in ms? 

Solution

Wesley-J

Hey @macdoodl - seeing as this is happening across multiple devices, it does seem like it's a network related problem. I'd highly suggest reaching out to Technical Support on 13 13 44 (Open 24 x 7) or via LiveChat here, so they can raise a fault case and have this further investigated. Wes

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

macdoodl

Thanks Wesley,

I did contact tech support and after a lengthy wait on the phone I got told "we are doing an upgradation (sic) on the line - no ETA". I spoke to the compensation team who have knocked some money off my bill for the next 6 months which is a start I suppose but it doesn't help with my daily frustrations and with no end in sight I'm not the happiest customer. Hopefully this "upgradation" is completed soon.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
75 Kudos
52 Kudos
50 Kudos
30 Kudos
20 Kudos