Searching...

Very slow NBN internet

ozyrobo

I am very frustrated at the slow NBN internet, and trying to get an answer from OPTUS, my download speed is around 20-23 mps

and I am paying for 50,  live streaming keeps buffering and fetch box stops constantly, with a red circle showing whilst it reconnects, The service is terrible here, was much better in Vietnam, how come a company be so bad and continue to operate, trying to talk to a human without a long wait is standard, absolute rubbish,not happy. so after my dummy spit any solutions would be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers Rob.

Re: Very slow NBN internet

Paddylee

Do you know the delivery method for your nbn e.g. Fttn, hfc etc

What does the nbn equipment look like (this can help in regards to working out how your nbn is delivered) 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

ozyrobo

Hi Paddylee, thank you for your response, the nbn is FTTN then copper phone line to the house, the node is up the street about 200 metres away.

Paddylee

As its fttn you should be able to see your sync speed - this will give a clear indication where the problem lies.

While the node may be 200m away, the copper that services your address may go the oppositte way and end up over 1km of copper length to that node - unfortunately thishappens quite frequently.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
69 Kudos
49 Kudos
38 Kudos
31 Kudos
16 Kudos