Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Very Very slow speeds

Wow last weekend we couls run 3 ps 4's, 4 laptops, 3 tablets and foxtel without speed problems. This week have problems downloading videos on one laptop. Checked down load speeds- just under 2 mbps. Went on Tech Chat, told to do factory reset of modem, no change, back to Tech Chat- asked to do Factory reset gain- this I declined- tech checked something- said there was a "planned outage" in the area, gave me a number. All day slow speeds- needed to use Telstra Dongle to log into work main frame.

Back to Tech Support tonight- please attend factory reset on modem and sagecorn!!!!!!!!

I have had a synical moment of wondering if this has been a deliberate slowing as my son recieved a text from Optus this week stating he needed to contact them to organise transition to NBN (we only recieved the letter yesterday from NBN) and my son isn't the primary contact for Optus. At a time when I am deciding whether to stay with optus or go else where after 20 years I am extremely unhappy. I would be searching other providers except I keep getting timed out because the pages aren't opening quickly enough. 

Any thoughts or opinions?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Very Very slow speeds

ok An update, Last night I spoke with the 4th tech for the day, assured me a note had been made on my file and something would happen at their end by morning my speeds would be better.

Speed test this morning- Doownloads are at 0.95 Mbps and uploads are at 1.02 Mbps.

I have come up with my own solution..... time to sign up with Telstra for NBN as optus aren't looking after their existing customers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I agree this is disappointing, I'm sorry it was resolved after that expectation was made. Have you been provided with a a fault reference number? I'll see if I can get you an update 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Sorry no resolution yet.......latest speed test......downloads at 1.13 up luoads at 0.84. There is a glimmer of light- after chatting with my 5th Tech Chat in 2 days a technician has been booked for Tuesday Morning, I'm not feeling fully hopeful, it means tomorrow I will be logging onto the work remote site using a Telstra Dongle as the current spped can't maintain connection.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Update- 7:45am a nice technician knocked at my door to deliver the news that he had come from he previous call 1/2 a block away. The problem isn't betweem to modem and the post, it is at the node. He only services in house to pole problems. It was reported several days ago and technicians were sent to fix it. They fixed something but not this issue!!!! It should be fixed in another 24 to 72 hours!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I'm sorry about that @InternetMum. I agree it's frustrating that's it's not fixed. I've sent an update via PM

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Ok Here we are now 10 days after the internet slowed. Multiple interactions with the Online Tech Chat.....the connection just keeps getting slower. Download speed today 0.51 upload 1.23. It is so bad that when our electrcity supply returned after a blackout yestereday the Fetch TV set top box went into melt down because there wasn't a good enough connection to do the upgrade it wanted to perform. So now we have extremely slow internet and no Fetch TV. We can't use the internet to watch via online devices because of the buffering.

I have been told that the problem is with the node and technicians are looking into it. How long before resoslution.......who knows.

I have finally agreed to sign up for NBN but I guess I continue to pay $95/month for internet less useful then dial-up.

I remain very unhappy with this optus service and still believe there is an element of not fixing the existing service in an effort to force early transfer to an NBN service.

0 Kudos