Searching...

Re: Very Very Very Slow Internet

Tris

Ah right, sorry I though he was helping you out with this previously. Send us your details so we can take a closer look

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Davida86
Done

Petertoan12
Mine is worst http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3611361615
cable internet and i've haven't used much quota

pendaws

Tom;

I had only ONE machine on my network and it is connected by RJ45, not WiFi.

The modem and router were BOTH turned off and restarted 5 minutes later but this problem persisted. I have run the ping on my Router, the CG3000V2 modem, my computer (127.0.0.1) but the only time I get a missed packet is when I ping either DNS of Optus like in the pic I posted. It is happening with overseas and local sites as well.

This evening I tried another machine I have and the same thing appears to be happening with it using a different browser.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~pendaws/Pics/tracert.jpg

Curmudgeon
Highlighted

acapone

Hi.

I recenty just signed a new Enterainment Bunble when i moved to my new house and the internet was good for around 1-2 weeks. However since last week i have had a HUGE downspeed. So i was wondering if is it because of the problem with the fibre break in West Coast USA that caused all the slow down or is it the problem with Optus itself? 

Thank you

Tom

Hi pendaws, so to clarify your setup, you have the modem & separate router connected to this, and you computer is connected to the router? If so, can you test computer direct to modem & bypass router to see if any difference to the upload speed?

Following the steps I posted didn't help identify anything else that may be contributing to this? In regards to the WiFi, understand you're connected via cable, however, I want to ensure it's secured & not being access by any devices that you may not be aware of for example - have you changed password on it recently?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Tom

Hey petertoan12, definitely seems a tad on the slow side! Are you seeing speeds like this at all times of the day, or only at certain times?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Tom

Hi acapone, what kind of speeds are you seeing to local servers currently?

Davida86

I got the team to increase the speed profile i was on.. The speed increased from 1.02 mbps to abour 2.6mbps

a better increase Smiley Happy but still not the 4.5 i was sitting on about a week ago Smiley Sad

Tom

Glad to hear that it's improved. If our team have moved it to a higher speed profile, it would be pulling down as much as possible, so could be other factors involved.

During the day you're only seeing it at around the 2.6 too, or was this in the evening?

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
85 Kudos
80 Kudos
65 Kudos
35 Kudos
34 Kudos