cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

Allisoncooper1
New Contributor
New Contributor

Very VERY frustrated/desperate for landline phone to work via modem!! :( help please

I've tried at least five times on live chat or speaking on the phone to "customer support" 🙄 And no result. Please, can someone tell me what I'm obviously doing wrong that my landline is still not working. As far as I can see I've hooked it up right, but all I get is the engaged noise not dial tone. Is there a step by step reference, images, something..someone can suggest, I'm getting yo the point I'm going to rip the NBN board, modem, and phone out and run over it several times with my car!!!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
The_Milesy
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Very VERY frustrated/desperate for landline phone to work via modem!! :( help please

Hi,

What type of NBN service do you have?  What NBN box has the NBN installed?

This document from NBNCo explains the setup for a fibre NBN connection:

https://www.nbnco.com.au/content/dam/nbnco/documents/nbn-fibre-user-guide.pdf

0 Kudos
JoonG
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Very VERY frustrated/desperate for landline phone to work via modem!! :( help please

I am trying to get the same thing but with old number restored to new NBN fixed wireless modem.

Please read the post from Miggy1

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
JoonG
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Allison,

I have just got a dial tone today from a NBN connection on the 14th. It can phone out but they didn't give old number on new service. Optus Contact seems to have gone on holiday.

0 Kudos