cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor cliffordz
New Contributor

Very Slow Cable speed in Murarrie

We are getting very slow cable internet speed in Murarrie currently.

Every night we go down to under 5 Mbps on a 30 Mbps plan.

Have followed all of the guides on the site but they do nothing.

First 2 months we had perfect speed, now we cant operate on more than 1 device at a time

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Very Slow Cable speed in Murarrie

The good news is the NBN arrives in your area in about nine months time (so suddenly lots of choice).

Unfortunately, the NBN transition has meant the existing Optus HFC cable is not being maintained or upgraded as it has in the past. This cable is due to be junked in your area in two years time so spending money on it isn't a priority.

Your speed drop highly suggests congestion in your area. Too many optus customers trying to download too much between 6pm and 11pm. Its likely all your neighbour are having the same issues too. Optus customer service will only tell you that there are works in the area, its a known issue, but there is no date available for when it might be fixed.

I wish I had better news for you. 

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator Kartika

Re: Very Slow Cable speed in Murarrie

Hi @cliffordz, thanks for reaching out to us and sorry for your slow internet speeds. With regards to speed it depends on various factors. I would suggest to try some basic troubleshooting first and see how you go. If the issue persist then speak with Tech Support on 131344 (open 24x7) to investigate further. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors