cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor NiallRyan
New Contributor

VOIP phone

Apparently the VOIP phone will only work with the Sagem modem supplied with the service. As the Sagem is pretty limited I bought a Dlink dual band only to find the phone wont work with it. I piggy backed the Dlink off the Sagem and the system seems to work ok. The question is? If I make the Dlink the primary and piggyback the Sagem off it, will the VOIP phone still work I’d is there another way to make it work most efficiently? I ask this because I am sick and tired of getting drop outs with the Sagem which is why I wanted to replace it in the first place. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

Re: VOIP phone

Don't think Optus will provide you with the SIP login. Let me know if you able to get in touch with someone who give you those details, because I too have been asking Optus for them. 

You can use the Dlink as the modem and connect the sagem for the phone. Some people reported that they can not receive call with this setup. Port foward 5060 and 5061 on the dlink might resolve this issue. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Moderator Shauna

Hey @NiallRyan - We don't provide our SIP login i'm afraid. 

You will need to connect your handset to the Optus Modem in order to use it.

Our NBN quick start guide will explain this further & also link you to a page with info on BYO modems. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor AllanO
New Contributor

@SillyGogo thanks so much for sharing that information, the Port Forwarding solution also works with NBN HFC connections  including VoIP phone service when you want to use your BYO router as the primary and hook the flakey Optus SAGEMCOM into one of its LAN ports to do VoIP only.

Highlighted
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

Hi @AllanO , thank you for your shout out and update. Glad I can help, it is good to see that you are sharing experience to help other members, well done. Two thumbs up from me !

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors