Searching...

Using Optus email with mobile broadband.

wally3218

When using my IPad on my Optus Mobile Broadband.

When I try to send an Optus email using my Primary account I recieve this error in a pop up.
Can Not Send Mail
The connection to the outgoing server mail.optusnet.com.au failed
Additional Outgoing Mail Servers can be configured for mail servers in settings.

Both my primary and secondary emails can recieve emails okay.

But I can only send emails using my Optus secondary email account.

This has only started to happen since I cancelled my Home Broadband and transfered my emails to my Mobile Broadband on my IPad.

Any help appreciated.

Re: Using Optus email with mobile broadband.

Yeldarb

That's a bit weird Wally. Have you logged into webmail to see if the primary email account sends and receives mail?

https://webmail.optusnet.com.au/

wally3218

Yes Webmail works okay with my primary email, I have even tried change my password but that hasn’t helped.

I have tried outlook on my computer and am unable to send emails but can receive them okay.

Yeldarb

Ok having done the webmail test you could assume that something is different in the outgoing mail setup with your primary and secondary email accounts. Have you double checked the outgoing settings to see if authentication is ticked or unticked and are they using the same ports with no encryption.?

wally3218

Both my primary and secondary accounts have the same settings, but only the secondary one works for sending emails 

I think the trouble is that Optus haven’t transfered my primary email over to Mobile Broandband from my previous home broadband 

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

Hmm if you can send mail via webmail it would suggest no account issues and I don't recall every having that problem myself transferred between dialup, cable, dsl or mobile broadband. Maybe have a word with support via the live chat and see if there are  any issues.

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
74 Kudos
50 Kudos
40 Kudos
30 Kudos
16 Kudos