cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Inquiring
New Contributor

User account accessibility

I have to go from one user account screen to another to view my internet service account? This is the message that Optus has been displaying for a year already:

"The account needs to be accessed in a new window. You'll be viewing and managing this account in our old website, which will open in a new tab or window. We're doing our best to minimize the length of time that you'll be affected by this."

How long does it take Optus to merge the old system with a new one?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: User account accessibility

>>How long does it take Optus to merge the old system with a new one?

My observation is it's either just not happening, or they are doing it all by hand, using a small group of old ladies. My account got converted around October last year. So, it's been nearly a year and my neighbour is still on the old system, and he has a similar account age to me.

One way for you to get the new system would be to totally cancel out of your accounts and start again, if you can find someone willing to do it.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Migrations into the new system work in phases. For the last year we have only been doing mobiles, every weekend thousands of services are moved across.

In the last couple of weeks we have started doing ADSL services (15K so far).

Migrations only occur on weekends to minimise customer impact. We'll continue to migrate thousands of accounts at a time until everything has moved.

It is a slow process and I do apologise. In the mean time your services will have to be managed via the different My Account platforms.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Seems like my Granny theory was about right.

Optus has 6 million mobile customers, so no matter how many thousand you do every weekend, it might as well not be happening, it's like watching rocks grow. They will be 50% of the way through the process by the time they need to update to the next system.

0 Kudos