Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Croydoneagle
Occasional Contributor

Useless email just received from Optus

Just received an email - it says "

Ensuring you are aware of changes to our contract terms is very important to us, so we are getting in touch to let you know about some changes that we have made to your fixed bundled plan.

You are currently on a fixed bundled plan which includes a fixed telephone and broadband service. If you cancel a service with Optus, any remaining services in the bundled plan will automatically be cancelled.

If at any point you would like to cancel one of the services that is part of your fixed bundle but keep the remaining service, if you have any questions please contact us here."

What a waste of my time - why not just state the changes!!!!! And no special contact link for this mass comms, just the usual painful one.

Anyone else find this frustrating and pointless - something that could have been simple!!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Useless email just received from Optus

Hi Croydoneagle,

What e-mail address did it come from?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

It was from - noreply@e.optus.com.au

(Also, I love no reply emails with no other email to reply to - useless customer experience again.)

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thank you, just wanted to first confirm it was an e-mail from Optus and not a scam.

Just saw another customer posted about it as well.

We will be passing this valuable feedback on. Thank you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks. So how do I find out what it meant to say? has there been a change? I have taught many large companies that when there is a change - actually describe the change, NOT just advise to look at the new terms and make us fish through and find the difference. So can you get something done? As at now this advice does not count - so ensure they understand it will not comply when a larger complaint arrives.

A more useful communication needs to come out.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I've had confirmation that the only change is if you ever decided to cancel either the phone or broadband service you would need to contact Optus to retain the other which wasn't the case previously. It was a requirement to notify customers. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Ray, they should get you to write their comms! Quite simple when written using good english!

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Haha, I agree! 

0 Kudos