Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor Mark_D
New Contributor

Upload and Ping taken a hit

So last week I called Optus after having a storm that ruined my internet dropping my speeds by over half.

Today they have come out to the exchange and "fixed" it.

I'm getting my usual download speed of 6.5Mbps but my upload is now 0.3Mbit rather than the usual 1Mbps.

My ping to all servers has also risen by 10-15 which I'm most *moderated* about...

Thoughts?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Re: Upload and Ping taken a hit

Hey @Mark_D, sorry to hear of the issues. If your network was affected by storms, there may still be more work to restore it to 100%. Often temporary fixes are put in place to bring you back online asap while they work on other repairs.

If a couple of weeks has passed and there's been no improvement, ask Tech Support to open a fault ticket via Live Chat for further investigation and someone will check it out.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Mark_D
New Contributor

Ok will do thanks.

From what I've been reading it's likely DLM throttling my speed and increasing stability until an unknown period of time has passed where it thinks it can ramp it up again.

Is there anyway to get a DLM reset? Like will a port reset solve this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @Mark_D,

We can do a port reset from our end. I can also double check your line profile and see whether or not there's anything we can amend in order to improve upload speeds. Please feel free to send through your account details. We're after your full name, DOB and account number. We'll get back to you as soon as we can.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @Mark_D,

I've replied back to your private message with a bit more info. Feel free to chat with us there. As far as port resets are concerned, we're unable to action this sort of request on a Optus reach service (Telstra resale service). 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos