cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor punkchick
Occasional Contributor

Upgraded to NBN over chat and 3 business days later, no sms

Hi! Sorry to post here, but I've rang Optus and had an hour wait with no help. And chat was off-line. So, I figure this could help me. Thursday morning I got on chat to upgrade my ADSL+2 to NBN (with landline & fetch), the woman said it was all good and gave me a order reference number of 074863. I asked if I needed to do anything else and she said I'd receive an sms within 48 hours but nothing yet. So I'm unsure if the order was ever placed. I have the full transcript and she said it was, so if someone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. Thank you so much. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Upgraded to NBN over chat and 3 business days later, no sms

You need to go back through the channel that you ordered the service from, in this case Chat.. now I just used chat to discuss my bill with Optus so it's working fine there?

You could also try 1800 780 219 to discuss the order.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thought I'd jump in @punkchick

The reference you've quoted is a non-standard order reference number.

it can add a couple of days to the standard processing time (these needs to be manually submitted by our admin team).

You will receive an SMS or email once the order has been placed. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor

Oh cool!  Thank you for this. Much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thank you. I'll give it some more time and then I'll try chat or that number again. I appreciate your reply. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

That's okay 🙂

If you need any additional advice, please shout out.

Happy to help. 

If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor ALS-1
New Contributor

Took 3 months for my upgrade - and many follow-ups from my side.  NO feedback from Optus.   So I have NBN now for a month and was slapped with 2 bills (old ADSL and NB lines - this was an upgrade!).  Still trying to reolve the bill issue.  

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

When you get a second, send us a PM with your details @ALS-1

I can take a look. 

I'll need your full name, DOB and account number. Let me know if you decide to come through. 

0 Kudos