cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor WWFM
New Contributor

Upgraded home internet cable plan - charged for 2 plans in one month. No credit adjustment applied

I upgraded my Optus cable internet plan which commenced 7 June 2017. My old plan (ac# 3918610034) was paid in advance ($55) so I had already paid up to 30 June 2017.  My new plan (ac# 1177 1340 0001 81)  I was billed from 7 June onwards. Therefore, I have been double charged for the period from 7 June to 30 June. 

Bill for my new plan was issued 13/7/17 and I called Optus billing 18/7/17 re this double charge. I was advised I should expect a credit adjustment in my next bill consistent with FAQ here:

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer?requestType=NormalRequest&id=1755&source=5&question=What...

However second bill for new plan was issued 13/8/17and credit adjustment has not yet been applied.  

In store staff could not help as they say they don't have access to information re cable internet account. 24/7 chat couldn't help as they say they don't have coverage over cancelled accounts. Phone staff couldn't help as I called on 18/7 to advise and problem is still hasn't been rectified.  Optus facebook messanger couldn't help as I'm still waiting for them to reply to a message from 2/8/17. Yes Crowd is my last hope. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Upgraded home internet cable plan - charged for 2 plans in one month. No credit adjustment appli

Shouldn't take much to sort out. Swapping plans in Optus generally results in a mess of a bill for a month or so.

Optus often charge for the first and last month of a plan in the first bill (presumably that means if you ever default you will have already paid for the most recent month owing). Are you sure this isn't what has happened?

Otherwise I'd try Live Chat 24/7 again. You get pretty varied responses from different sessions. You have a billing issue which accounts can obviously sort out (new plan or not) - The issue would apparently apply to the new bill only anyway. 

FWIW We can't help you (we're just fellow customers here)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

New Contributor WWFM
New Contributor

Re: Upgraded home internet cable plan - charged for 2 plans in one month. No credit adjustment appli

Thanks this is my first time I used Yes Crowd, I thought it was staffed by Optus not customers. I'll give them a call again

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Live chat is a better bet IMO if you can.

Mods will pop in every 24 hours or so and offer help sometimes so keep an eye out for that.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Top Contributors