cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Moderator Shauna

Re: Upgrade Netgear CG3000v2 cable modem?

Sorry to hear of your experience on Tech Support @Rus40.

I just have a few questions to help us with troubleshooting. 

Does the wifi printing work on other printers (if possible)?
Have you had any trouble with wifi functionality otherwise?

Have you previously contacted Epson directly?

An alternative option for support is our Premium Home Support team which you can find here → https://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/premium-home-support.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Rus40
Occasional Contributor

Hi shauna, there are no other printers in our small home office so I can't check that.

The CG3000 Airprint section says that using Genie will convert a non aiprint printer to airprint capable. It also says the printer can be used plugged into the CG3000's USB port. Neither of these work here. The printer is not seen at all if plugged into the CG3000 USB port. So maybe the CG3000 has a fault.

I did suspect possibly something in a Windows upgrade caused this problem as the CG3000 is from 2013 I think and all our equipment is dated, my win 7 computer is also from 2013 and the Asus vista laptop was before win 7. My Win 7 is no longer supported, my wifes vista laptop is no longer supported, and yes other problems, our computers no longer communicate on the wifi network. Both will talk to our NAS (a QNAP TS-231 which is wired to the CG3000) the vista laptop on wifi, my win 7 is wired to the CG3000. 

I have tried Epson without success, they would like me to buy a new wifi printer of course.

Another small problem is that today I have just received two identical notices, both addressed identically to me personally, from optus telling me that the NBN countdown is now "down to 3 months". I first received one of these in about August 2016, then another in mid 2017. So I don't believe any of them.

I do realise that politics and big business has mucked up the NBN and I do not expect that to be fixed any time soon.

If OPTUS is sending out two of everything to everybody, that is costing twice as much as it should for printing and postage and that is a basic business cost problem which should be fixed internally not just by putting up charges. It also uses up resources twice as fast and clogs up the mail system.

Sorry about that little gripe, but I would like some help to get my system back. We are spending over $200 a month on phone systems but always have difficulty getting help.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Rus40,

Understand the cynacism on the NBN but despite the past efforts, IMO they are getting down to the pointy end of the rollout. Works required have all been fully defined and unexpected rollout issues have all been encountered by now and solutions found. All of which is to say that if you have a date now its more likely correct than not. 

If you are transitioning to HFC NBN then Optus will be moving to shut their network down 3 months after the NBN does arrive. Easiest thing will be to sign a new contract with Optus (you should be able to negotiate a month to month option though). Alternatively you will have the option to select any RSP around then anyway. Shouldn't be a big hassle. Fingers crossed.

On the printer issue it does sound like the win 7 update might be at play (you said it was working before?). Optus still support Win7  so they should try resolve the issue but it might be beyond them.

Peter Gillespie

Occasional Contributor

Thanks Peter,

After all the negative reports seen on NBN, I will just have to wait and see what we get.

I discovered today that after a security update, my windows firewall setting was blocking all computers on my network and as the printer is plugged into my computer no one else could print, now fixed.

Thanks and Regards Rus40.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Firewall. Should have thought of that. I think even the standard Optus Tech support would probably have stumbled over it as a possibility. 

Good luck with the NBN - I agree it is a bit suck it and see. Its had a bad wrap (some self inflicted, but most IMO from external interests). if youare not on FTTN then you can be pretty sure you'll have 100Mbps options working well when the time comes. For the majority of users its just a smooth switch with nothing more to say.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Peter,

I borrowed a networking for dummies book from the local library. Found it pretty quickly.

Don't know if we are getting FTTN, we are currently served aerially on the power poles but Lend Lease subbies were around a month or so ago doing some underground work and the supervisor said we are going U/G so maybe we will get fibre to somewhere.

Rus40

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like you're in a big building? In which case its probably FTTB (Fibre to the Basement)

You should be able to find out at the NBNCo site

Peter Gillespie

New Contributor Zadz
New Contributor

How do I get my modem upgrade

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator Aman_B

Hi  @Zadz - Are you facing any issues with the current modem or do you just want to upgrade? If its just an upgrade then you may be able to sign any of our new plans (there may be a fee involved to upgrade, depending on your current contract) and with a new contract you can get a new modem. Please click Here for details. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors