cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Update Modem/Router Firmware

Hi, guys wondering where I can get a firmware update for my Sagemcom f@st 3864V2 its current firmware is 7.276_F3864V2_Optus, the reason for the update is I keep getting a lot of dropouts, I also notice my firmware doesn't allow IPv6! Also with the WiFi security issues just discovered is there likely to be a new release for that on this modem?

PS I have tried the reset method (6 times )nothing happened still the same firmware version.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Update Modem/Router Firmware

Hi @TicTac, thanks for reaching out!

Are you using our Sagemcom F@st3864 with A.C (black modem) or the standard white model? Our most current firmware for our A.C model is 8.358_F@ST3864AC_Optus. The most update to date firmware for our standard Sagemcom modem is 8.353.1_F@ST5350_Optus. I can definitely get this pushed out for you.

In regards to IPV6, there are a few threads on the topic. The thread that tends to re-emerge most is this one →https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/IPv6-at-Optus/td-p/148374/page/3.

We completely get that there's demand for ipV6 but I'm still unable to offer a time frame. It's definitely something that we're keeping on our radar. Have you thought about a tunnelling service at all? I'm not an expert on the topic but I'm sure one of our contributors will be able to offer some more info.

Feel free to send through your account details. We'll need your full name, DOB and account number. We'll get back to you as soon as possible.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

hi, as stated my modem is a Sagemcom f@st 3864V2 (white) not the new (black) AC version

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I know. I just wanted to offer a bit of extra information for other members that may be lurking thread. Shoot through your details and I can attempt to push through the latest Sagemcom f@st 3864V2 firmware for you - 8.353.1_F@ST5350_Optus.

Look forward to hearing back.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

can you email me the firmware update 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

It's not something we can send via email, but we can check your current firmware on our end and force an upgrade if necessary. Please send a private message with your full name, DOB and account number. We'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I recently killed my 3rd party router, and have gone back to using my white sagemcom which has been sitting on the shelf for a while.

Its current firmware is 7.276_F3864V2_Optus

What are my options for updating it? Can I get a firmware update or even get an upgraded modem as part of my account?

(The reason I stopped using it was due to the fact that I can't update the admin password, rendering any parental controls somewhat useless, so I'd really like an update.)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey there @spoon579, if you want to force a modem firmware update you'll just need to reset it by holding a pin/toothpick in the RESET button for 10 seconds or so 🙂 

If you'd like us to assess sending you out our newer Sagemcom AC (black) modem then please PM me with your account number, full name and DOB. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos