Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Update Modem/Router Firmware

Hi @DimitriB, we've just replied back to your PM. We'll chat with you there 🙂 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor AmronTrading
New Contributor

Thanks @AlexRH for the extra details - PM should be with you now.

0 Kudos
New Contributor basanchez
New Contributor

Hello @Dan_C. Can you please help me with this as well? My internet is really slow and has constant drop outs, better to check if my moden needs an update. I'll PM my info.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @basanchez,

The new Sagemcom@st 3864 modems we're sending out are preinstalled with 8.353.1_F@ST5350_Optus. This is the latest firmware version available for our Sagemcom 3864 modems. I'm happy to confirm whether you're currently running the latest version. I'm of the understanding that simply by power cycle your modem, the latest version of firmware should automatically be pushed out. None the less send through your details via PM and I'll check this out for you.

If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor OptusFan69
New Contributor

Hi,

It seems highly suspect that Optus or Sagemcom wouldn't make the firmware source code available to the public let alone the actual firmware updates.

Why are you holding back when there's a known exploit for the bulk of the routers out there?

0 Kudos
New Contributor RS2di4
New Contributor

Hi Dan, 

Service desk has been less then helpful in supplying me a simple firmware download link. 

Could you please send me through the link and firmware I require. 

Software Version:7.276_F3864V2_Optus

Based on your note it looks like I have quite old version running. 

Could please get 8.353.1_F@ST5350_Optus. 

Regards, 

Mark

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @RS2di4, the thing is; you're asking for something that doesn't actually exist. Firmware is typically automatically pushed out when the customer power cycles their modem.

7.276_F3864V2_Optus is the latest version of firmware for our standard Sagemcom 3864 modems. We do have another model of the 3864, that's the Sagemcom F@st 3864 with A.C. The current firmware version for this particular model is - 8.353.1_F@ST5350_Optus.

Which Network do we have you running on i.e. NBN or ADSL? Let us know, I'm happy to try and help out.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor kicken
Occasional Contributor

Now you've got me confused as I'm always keen to make sure my firmware is up to date...

What you're saying is that the current firmware for the "Sagemcom F@st 3864 with A.C"  is "8.353.1_F@ST5350_Optus"

I have that modem, but looking at my modem details it says "8.358_F@ST3864AC_Optus". The last time I did math, 8.358.x comes after 8.353.x ... yet looking at my build time stamp isn't that stating the firmware was built 09:57am, 27th May, 2016 ?!?!

Board ID: F@ST3864AC
Symmetric CPU Threads: 2
HardWare Version: 253688887
Serial Number: xxxxxxxxx
Mac Address: xxxxxxxxx
Build Timestamp: 160527_0957
Software Version: 8.358_F@ST3864AC_Optus
Bootloader (CFE) Version: 8.358

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor kicken
Occasional Contributor

PS. That information was posted after I powered off the modem and powered it back on. But I did not factory reset/wipe the modem settings.

Also, I'm 400m from the node and connect around 66Mbps, which is nice I think.

0 Kudos