Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Unwanted emails

I have at least 20 unwated emails per day coming to my optus email address.

All the addresses are suspicious.

They all ask me to click on a link 

How do I stop the emails coming to me?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Unwanted emails

tag them as spam so they will be sent to spam folder that can easily be deleted

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Hey @Mark369, we do have a spam filter which you can activate via https://webmail.optusnet.com.au/. The email client you're using your Optus net email with will also have their own spam filter. You can flag specific senders so their emails are sent directly to your spam/junk folder. These messages are automatically deleted after a set period of time. If you're receiving suspicious emails requesting for any personal details, you can forward these emails through to abuse@optusnet.com.au.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for the info.

Does this just send the email to be deleted folder, or does it block the sender.?

I'm marking unwanted emails but 20-30 still come in next day.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

@Mark369,

It won't block the sender unless you've flagged the email as such. From my knowledge we don't block senders at a server level it's at the email client level. If you're using Optus Net select the email and click the 'Report Spam' button. This will move the email to your Spam folder and also report the email through to us. The problem is that if you're receiving spam from multiple senders, there's nothing stopping them from using a different email address to send through the same spam content.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

A very peresistent spammer is @basistand.com . I have set up rules to filter and move to spam on my laptop but can't see how to do that on my ipad and iphone.

0 Kudos