Searching...

Unusable Cable Broadband

jreeman

Hi

I live in the Newport area (NSW 2106) and for months have experienced very slow internet speeds.  But today has been the slowest it has ever been at sub 10 Mbps!  I pay $115 for a telephone and Cable bundle + Speed Pack!

Last Friday I logged a call to complain and an engineer came out on the Saturday and replaced my Cable Modem with a new v2 model and also checked the line.  After doing this the optus speed test showed that I was getting about 65 Mbps although speedof.me suggested it was more like 25 Mbps.

I have logged yet another call and went through the usual routine of reboot the modem, wait a few minutes, test again.  Still slow, so factory reset the modem, turn off wifi, use an ethernet connected port to the modem.  End result still no difference a pathetic 9.23 Mbps!

The engineer did credit me $15 which was a gesture but still does not resolve my issue!  I will check the Internet again in the morning and if this is still the same sub standard speed will be logging another call!   

Come on Optus sort this out!

Highlighted

Re: Unusable Cable Broadband

[ Edited ]
Alex_H

Hey there @jreeman - Not good to hear about the speed drop Smiley Sad Did you have a ref # there I could take a look at? 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
82 Kudos
76 Kudos
71 Kudos
40 Kudos
30 Kudos