Searching...

Unsolicited Content Services Charges

DOmoderated

Hi Optus Moderators.

Having searched through the many disgruntled customers seeking an email address for your complaints department I decided before I write to your mailing address at Customer Relations Group
PO Box 306 SALISBURY SOUTH SA 5106.

Having taken out a mobile broadband subscription recently and noticed these content services charges on my bill; I contacted Optus on the Live Chat option and spoke to Sebastian in Customer Services on 2/09/17 last, who despite repeated requests to transfer me to his Supervisor; to explain the charges; to canvel any of these 'services' and to email me the chat which I never received - but that is another customer complaint letter.

This mail is to outline how these charges are supposed to be incurred ie. By calling or texting a 6 or 8 digit code (try this on a broadband only SIM) or  Direct Carrier Billing.

As I have not selected ANY of these Content Services I want Optus to complete the following:-

Cancel any 'Content Services Subscriptions' that is charged to my account;

Cancel any 'Content Services' charges appearing on my account;

Block ANY and ALL services other than the broadband that I signed up for.

Re: Unsolicited Content Services Charges

Shauna

Hey @DOmoderated - Are you able to PM us with your account details, full name and DOB? Happy to have this looked into for you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

diddydoit

The same thing has happened to me. I have broadband only and I'm being charged for content services, which reads as boxplay on my charges details. I have been using optus for broadband for 6 years and never had this before. Twice I've been charged, about a week apart and both at 1.30 am. Could someone please look at this for me. I have not used any premium charge, and besides, how would i as I only have broadband.

AlexRH

Hey @diddydoit, we can definitely take a look into this for you! Please chat with us HERE Smiley Happy 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

DOmoderated

Still unresolved. Optus customer service / support is not very effective.

I haven given up trying to get Optus to understand that their actions are illegal, and have completed the online form to lodge my complaint to TIO.

I recommend everyone having this issue to complete the submission at http://www.tio.com.au/

Dan_C

Hi @DOmoderated,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having such a tough time getting this one resolved. Had you sought out help via our contact centre or live chat www.optus.com.au/livechat/pmobi? Feel free to send us a PM and we'll go ahead and action the following for you. I'll set your premium SMS spent control limit to $0.00 (that prevents any third party content providers from charging your Optus account. I'll also raise a dispute the provider, we generally here back from them within 2-3 business days. The refund will be applied to your account as a credit. Let us know once you've come through.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Pulloa

I have incurred these charges in the past through deceiptful Facebook posts.

Be careful when clicking on links of some posts. I recently caught this out shortly after clicking on a facebook link to suddenly getting a text saying I have subscribed to a monthly subscription.

I believe FB have a lot to answer in this area and should be monitoring such links that get posted. One would also think that there should be a mandatory verification of these services after subscription and telcos should be taking ownership of this and regulating the abuse of auto subscriptions.

DOmoderated

Optus Moderator no. ?

Please review my communication chronology with Optus on this matter. 

I have even used live chat in mid September and that conversation went in circles without the  optus 'customer representative' being able to apreciate / understand or remedy - or indeed able to email me the text of the conversation.

So please review the number of times I have contacted Optus to resolve this issue and you may begin to appreciate my misgivings of your customer service competence.

As an update, my account is very straight forward in terms of billing. I have never exceed my data allowance and pay $70/month. So doing the maths should reveal the level of content charges still appearing on my account.

I will post up a reply when optus eventually resolve this issue. After all its nearly 5 months since l first complained of these illegal charges.

Toomey

Hey @DOmoderated, your account needs to be re-confirmed due to privacy procedures, my apologies for the added inconvenience. Please send me your phone number, DOB and full name via PM and I'll get this sorted asap.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
69 Kudos
49 Kudos
38 Kudos
30 Kudos
16 Kudos