Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Unortharised charge modem

Original modem Ok for several months then started being unreliable . After weeks and weeks of testing hours on the phone Optus sent out a new modem. DID NOT WORK AT ALL. Would not accept any sim card. Took them both to the Optus shop where they tested. Both no good and did not have a replacement. Suggested I cancell the plan and get a latest modem  which I did. Now they have added an $80 cancellation fee onto my account.  Cannot supply a working modem, the only way was to open a new contract AND THEY WANT TO CHARGE ME A FEE. AND NOW THEY WILL MOT GIVE ME A CREDIT UNTIL THEY TALK TO THE STAFF AT THE SHOP.  NOT PAYING.  WHAT AN ABSOLUTE JOKE. INCOMPETANCE  OF THE HIGHEST ORDER. Even after all this the latest modem only has 2 LAN ports so I had to buy a USB WiFi adapter. More expense and around 5hrs on the phone.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Unortharised charge modem

Wow your experience must have been bad... 😞

When i had an issue with my modem i messaged optus on the my optus app, and they replaced it with the sagemcom fast 5366 tn (non 4g backup version of the same modem), and it works fine now. I recommend you try talking through again, and seeing if that modem works.

If this helps, please leave kudos.

Please reply to this anyone else who has other ideas.

Thanks

0 Kudos