cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Unlock Optus Sagemcom F@st 3864 modem

Hi,

i have a sagemcom F@st 3864 modem from optus & would like to use this with another network. I already know that it is compatible for use, so how do I go about unlocking it?

thanks.

12 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Unlock Optus Sagemcom F@st 3864 modem

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Why can't I follow this link?
Highlighted
Blog Author

It's working on my end @DTownsend.

If you're using Chrome, try opening up the page in "incognito mode"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

This link just takes me to the yes crowd login page.
There I enter my original question again an d it brings me back to this link that brings me back to the login page again.........I think the room is spinning
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I get that also, Duncan_Roll. Weird.

The info on the link that you'd be after would be a moderator response from August 2016:

"Hey Guys! Whilst the modem does come with our firmware, you may be able to go in and change settings and use it for an alternate service provider but you'd need to chat to them about this." 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

if in the past I have purchased my existing modem from optus then can I use it on another network? after all I have paid for it?

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

hi
how can use the this link i cant open
this my error :
You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.
Click your browser's Back button to continue.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey @mohsenlavasani, thanks for reaching out. Just so we are on the same page, were you trying to change the password for your modem? 

If this was the case, I would recommend having a look at the following link here → https://devicehelp.optus.com.au/ which will provide you with some more information on your device as well as some instructions on how to change settings such as passwords 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

hi  No I need to change the operator

But with this modem I can not connect to another operator And I have to make the firmware universal

0 Kudos