cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor AndreaF
New Contributor

Understanding items on bill - first bill under new billing system

I have spent over 10 hours on the phone with Optus trying to get response to an item on my bill. No-one is willing to help, a few have promised that will call back, I am still waiting for the call back. I have also requested to speak with a supervisor, but instead of transferring me to a supervisor I get placed back in the queue. Have also tried to chat but the chat mysteriously 'drops out’. My question is on my bill is that have a number of call on my account that show "MELB VMAIL" and "SYD VM" under Origin & the mobile number called is my mobile number. Explanations I have been given are: -Its voicemail. When I have asked why it appears different to every other Voicemail deposit and retrieval under this number and the FOUR other numbers on my account I do not get an answer OR -It’s the mobile tower that was used for the call. When I questioned why it said Melbourne as the call was made in the Blue Mountains, Sydney I was told that this can occur as Melbourne is only 1 hour away from Sydney. I had to point out that Sydney is only 1 hour away by plane but as my bill shows calls originating in the Blue Mountains were made half an hour before and after these calls there is no way the phone was anywhere near Melbourne. I have been asked (rudely) why I need to know what the calls were as I was not charged for those calls. I do not think I need to justify why I want an explanation as I pay for the calls as part of my bill. Is there anyone who can assist me with this query?
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Understanding items on bill - first bill under new billing system

I just went and looked if a bill had turned up for me, and found I was overdue + $15

The reason for this is that the system did not generate an email bill, nor did it show up on my console, due to the bill being presented in Javascript that does not necessarily work when you look at the page.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

One of the primary legal principles is you need to show damages to claim recompense. Even in contract law, a $1 has to be exchanged before a contract is valid. While an interesting mystery, Optus don't need to justify free stuff. You might as well ring up demanding to know why they used yellow in their logo. In general only once you you are out of pocket can start making demands. 

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
New Contributor YesCrowdName
New Contributor

I just found 2 calls on my dodo bill marked as "Melb Vmail" I have no log in my phone for the call at that time and the time of the calls were half way into listening to voicemails eg;

Voicemail Retrieval ...4:51:46 PM - Duration: 2:50 - Location: Narre Warren

Dialed Number ..........4:52:51 PM - Duration: 1:44 - Location: Melb Vmail - Charged $2.19

Voicemail Retrieval ...11:00:10 AM - Duration: 5:48 - Location: Pakenham

Dialed Number ..........11:02:13 AM - Duration: 3:45 - Location: Melb Vmail - Charged $3.99

I'm still trying to find out what this is

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

Better to post under your own new thread as only people who have posted in this thread are ever likely to see it.

Peter Gillespie 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hmm, are they actual charges, or is there a matching credit to balance out the charge? That's usually the case for this sort of thing. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor YesCrowdName
New Contributor

Yes, actual charges.

I got an answer; the calls were from going through voicemail to call back instead of dialing manualy (which would have been free on my contract).

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Ah, right. 

The voicemail call-back feature, I was still under the impression that those charges are credited back.

Have we managed to sort the issue, or are you still waiting on further action to be taken? Let us know, I'm always happy to help out. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors