cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor saran
New Contributor

Underground Cable Broadband Installation

this is not  new topic i admit, but im upset when i call the tech team(benny) today who claimed optus dont do underground cabling for cable broadband and it's only overhead. Despite me stating there is tech spec available on optus website for conduit pipe preparation and various discussion on this in the forum, he stand with his word and sarcasticly told me to apply online if i think underground cable offered by optus.

i have invested in getting conduit pipe laid from my house to border of my house and nature strip now and i need definitive answer on optus underground cable connection.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Re: Underground Cable Broadband Installation

Hey Saran! I've replied to your PM 🙂 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor saran
New Contributor

For everyone's benefit, I think you should post clear step by step guideline on the entire engagement to get underground cabling installation until activation. There is simply no guide anywhere and calling customer service whom seems clueless just frustrating. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Dudeboy
New Contributor

Hi, could you let me know what the go is here please?

We have invested in underground cable from the house to the nature strip so the conduit now exists on the nature strip. I called Optus to connect the service (cable internet) and was told that as long as the connection exists on the nature strip, the Optus technician will connect it to te nearest pole (which happens to be on the same side of the street).

The Optus technician came over and said that Optus doesn't do underground connection and it needed to be set up so an orange wire juts out from up on the pole and all they do is connect to that wire! 

What is the truth?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @Dudeboy

I'm able to shed a bit of light on this topic. 

The technician completes the final component of the installation. 

If you'd prefer for the Optus overhead (or 'drop') cable from the network to your home to be underground, there are some tasks that must be completed by a licensed contractor prior to an Optus technician attending. 

You must seek out your own private licensed contractor prior to your Optus technician booking. 

Our full guidelines and specifications for an underground conduit installation can be found below:

https://bit.ly/2Ji6XHR

Once the necessary work has been completed, you'd need to contact us to arrange a Optus tech booking. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos